Hello World!
My name is Samali Bikangaga, and I am 25 years old, young, single and living in New York City. Born and raised in San Francisco, CA, I moved to NY in hopes to be apart of the fast paced, ever-changing, eccentric culture of this Empire State. Following the steps of my father, I started out my college career as a pre-med student, attending the University of San Francisco. After three years of trying to convince myself I was happy in the sciences, I decided to take a deeper look into my forgotten passions of my past. Being the free- spirited person I am, I made the hasty decision to pursue these passions in New York and decided to drop out and figure out what I would like to do with my life. After a year of assimilating into New York City, by working in the restaurant industry, I decided to enroll myself back into school again to finish my degree. In the future I hope to work in the media field, be it producing my own news show or art directing a magazine, I am not too sure yet, but as of write now I am trying to figure out what direction to go.Which is why I am here at La Guardia, under the Liberal Arts and Social Sciences program. For the past year, I have immersed myself in taking as many literature and art classes as I can. Writing has always been a personal passion of mine since childhood. Keeping a diary was essential in my adolescence, However my writing has only been personal. In taking this class, I hope to be more comfortable in communicating my thoughts and ideas through the written word.
This is my first creative witting class I have taken at La Guardia. Creative non-fiction to me, means telling a story to an audience in an engaging, imaginative way. I feel as if creative non-fiction is a way to tell a true story while including one's own ideas and imagery and thoughts in a fluid way. The only kind of creative writing I have done have been short stories in my freshman year of high school. Because of this, I am eager to develop my own voice and writing style.
That's cool of you to go back to school! I hope you can find what you want to do. And good luck!
ReplyDelete